- Heat up at least 240g of filtered water to 99C, or just under boiling if you do not have a thermometer.
- Weight out 15g of whole bean coffee. This gives you a 1:16 ratio of coffee to water.
- Grind the coffee using a medium-coarse setting. 18 clicks on the Comandante grinder.
- Preheat the SteepShot. Empty the water used for preheating.
- Add the ground coffee into the SteepShot. Let’s use the metal filter that came with the SteepShot.
- Start your timer and pour 240g of water onto the bed of coffee in the SteepShot. Complete your pour in 10 secs.
- Close the SteepShot nice and tightly.
- Let the coffee steep for 1 minute.
- Invert the SteepShot and release the valve. Let coffee drip out into a cup for about 30 seconds.
- Wait for the coffee to cool down a bit, then sip and enjoy!
Those who enjoy coffee black, with a bit more body, but still a nice balance of sweetness.
Our Secret Stash or single origin coffees.