How to Brew: The French Press
- Heat up at least 200g of filtered water to 94C, or just under boiling if you do not have a thermometer.
- Weight out 18g of whole bean coffee. This gives you a 1:11 ratio of coffee to water.
- Grind the coffee using a fine setting. 10 clicks on the Comandante grinder.
- Add some hot water into the French Press to preheat the vessel. Empty the water used for preheating.
- Add the ground coffee into the French Press.
- Start your timer and pour 225g of water onto the bed of coffee in the French Press. Complete the pour within 30 seconds. Gently stir the slurry 3 times.
- Lid the French Press and let it steep for another 3 minutes and 20 seconds.
- Then, skim off the coffee grounds on top of the coffee slurry.
- Remove the French Press from the scale and slowly plunge the filter down.
- Completely decant the coffee into a separate carafe or mug. Enjoy!
Those who enjoy coffee with a bit of body. Perfect as a black coffee or with a splash of milk.
Golden Ticket or any of our blends.