We’re looking for several Head Baristas to join our cafe teams. You will work closely with our cafe staff to constantly upkeep and improve our coffee standards. You will also liaise with our cafe supervisors and our roasting department to do your tasks well. You need to be technically experienced behind the espresso machine, and also possess excellent customer service skills.
Head Barista Job Description
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of the coffee bar including inventory management, coffee program, coffee quality, workflow efficiency, and cost management
- Prepare and serve great espresso and coffee drinks and be the Coffee Expert in our store
- Develop guidelines and conduct quality control audits to ensure that beverages across branches are consistent and meet the company standards
- Liaise with other Head Baristas from other stores to ensure quality and standards are maintained and constantly improved upon
- Display and possess excellent knowledge of coffees, their origins, their flavor notes, and the various brewing methods, preparation, and presentation
- Be able to engage with our customers and team members about our in-store coffee offerings
- Be a the ideal example to peers and proactively train our novice or newly hired baristas
- Perform routine cleaning on the espresso machines
- Maintain and be a good example on all Company and Café policies
- Actively work towards creating a superior cafe experience through customer service, beverage preparation and presentation, in-store marketing, and the upkeep and maintenance of coffee areas
- At least 3 years experience in a Specialty Coffee company.
- Coffee certification/education experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and customer empathy skills.
- Willing to learn on the job to tackle new responsibilities.
- Excellent multitasking skills, critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with good time-management skills.
Interested candidates, please send and email with your cover letter and CV to people[at]yardstickcoffee.com.