We’re looking for a Coffee Trainer and QA Lead to be the first hire of our upcoming Quality and Training Department. You will be involved in training wholesale clients, existing and new team members and liaising closely with our roasting department for quality assurance tasks. Experience in specialty coffee is a must for this role.
- Deliver excellent coffee education and training for wholesale partners & internal Yardstick Coffee team
- Develop new material and maintain training curriculum for our coffee training and QA programs
- Monitor feedback of internal team member’s progression and report to our operations lead
- Conduct coffee quality visits and audits for wholesale partners and company-owned stores
- Work with new clients to guide them from tasting to opening to quality control
- Assess the training requirements of the clients, suggesting improvements, and promoting the Yardstick Coffee brand
- Stay up-to-date on developments within the coffee and equipment industries
- Must be present during regular cupping sessions with the Roasting Team
- Posses existing coffee knowledge and training skills, at least 3-5 years.
- Able to learn on the job and share learnings with internal team and commercial clients.
- Experienced in creating training material for coffee clients and able to deliver the training to end users.
- Able to conduct themselves professionally internally and with clients.
- A creative thinker and initiates engagement with existing clients to solve their needs and provide for their requirements.
- Has good analytical, collaborative and communication skills.
Interested candidates, please send and email with your cover letter and CV to people[at]yardstickcoffee.com.