- We’re brewing using the traditional method of using the AeroPress.
- Heat up at least 225g of filtered water to 89C, or to boiling if you do not have a thermometer.
- Weight out 15g of whole bean coffee. This gives you a 1:15 ratio of coffee to water.
- Grind the coffee using a medium-coarse setting. 18 clicks on the Comandante grinder.
- Rinse the paper filter of the AeroPress using hot water. You may also preheat and rinse the AeroPress chamber.
- Lock the AeroPress lid into place and then place the AeroPress upright on your carafe.
- Add the ground coffee into the AeroPress.
- Start your timer and pour 50g of water onto the bed of coffee in the AeroPress. Complete the pour within 40 seconds.
- Pour the next 175g of water and complete the pour in 20 seconds.
- Stir the coffee slurry 6 times, gently for 20 seconds.
- Insert the plunger onto the AeroPress and let it steep for another 20 seconds. Slowly press the plunger down for 20 seconds, just before you hear the hissing sound.
- Enjoy the coffee immediately or transfer into a separate cup. Enjoy!
Those who enjoy some flexibility with their coffees. There are many ways to brew with the AeroPress with the above recipe being just one of them.
The perfect brewer for any single origin coffee or any blends.